Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change is all around

Amazingly enough everything happens at the same time!
Over the past months the election has been heated and the country divided. Last night I believe the country come together as one again. It does not matter to me that Obama is the first african american president (but it's pretty awesome to see in my lifetime!) but the fact that I truly and honestly believe the words he speaks. He is exceptionally charismatic (and some people distrust him for this) but this is my second election I've been able to vote in and I know it doesn't count for much but I feel like he is truly the voice for the people. It's amazing how so much depends on personal preferences but Obama is more on the level with the general public than anyone I've seen in my time being eligible to vote. (this is my opinion, not fact!!) Enough of the politics though, I'm happy, I'm anxious and I'm excited for the next four years. Many they be the years that puts the ball in motion to make this country what it is supposed to be. United.

On a personal note, I've been given the task of writing the protocol for RV training at work. This may seem greek to many but it is a big responsibility and I am happy to be the one to do it. It is giving me the opportunity to write protocol (which is what my master's is all about!) and gain experience to put on my resume! Here's to a well written protocol!

On a sad personal note...
My car...my dear car :( is dying. This is my second car as my first was on it's deathbed as well. I truly cried when we got rid of my first car...it was a nissan sentra and my baby! I know I'm silly for getting so attached to my vehicles but honestly if you knew how much of my time I spend in the car you'd understand! I spoke to the dealership today and they think it's the transmission and well it has 115,003 miles on it and is 8 yrs old. They said to replace a tranny is like 3500-5000 buckaroos! I was stunned. This is more than the trade in value of my car.
Today is a very sad day for my bank account and my car. Time to remove those penn state magnets.

0 comments: