Tuesday, October 7, 2008

New scarflette & my cute kitty

This is one of our kitties Zoe. She was just too cute all stretched out next to the yarn we had to snap a picture. Whenever I'm knitting she seems to find her way to wherever I am!

Now, on to business! I just finished my first "scarflette" as they are called. When I was knitting it I had in my mind the image of a neck warmer or something along those lines. It turned out better than I expected. I don't have any shawl pins or other fasteners to speak of so I had to make some at the spur of the moment to take my pictures.
I ended up using a pendant I bought and some flower wire to fasten it...turned out pretty well! I knitted the scarflette in the dot stitch which I love. Here is the pic...
I used Cascade's 220 yarn in Donegal Tweed. It's actually really soft and warm! I'm off to put it on my etsy site!
Have a great night!

0 comments: