Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pleasantly Purple

I'm finally free of the deadlines from the semester. I had my final class tonight and was able to wrap up some projects as well! I also have a new project on the horizon; thrum mittens! I purchased this yarn and roving from Freckle FaceFibers: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5227283 She was a joy to order from and even helped me make my special roving/wool combo! Here's a pic of what I'll be using:

On to my project I just wrapped up. It was a beret/scarf combo for a friend of mine. I used Sheep Shop Number 1 yarn in G192 which is called Lilac. It knits up beautifully with its color variations but it also would be perfect for felting too! Here's a pic:

I also am trying to think up some new projects to add to my etsy site since I sold two more items last night. My inventory is really low because I just haven't had the time nor the energy to work on other projects. Now that the semester is over I'm hoping to complete two items by this weekend and get them posted.
I'm also looking for a thrum mitten pattern as well as some different hat or headband patterns. Would love it if anyone is willing to share! Phew...that was a lot of new info! I'm off to start some new projects!

1 comments:

Susie said...

I can't wait to see your mittens. Maybe I'll get the courage up to do some next!